SUMMER VACATION BEAUTY ESSENTIALS
Hi again, I wanted to do a quick post to talk about some products I absolutely loved using during my time in the Maldives. Since the life in the Maldives is basically in the sea or pool 24/7 it could be quite damaging to your hair and definitely horrible for your skin if you didn't have sunscreen on. So this is a dedicated post about everything I used that helped me with these problems.
1. Sunglasses: Protecting our eyes from the sun is just as important as protecting the skin. The sun's rays contains ultraviolet radiation that can damage the skin and eyes. The exposure of the light cause eye strain and also can cause headaches, sore eyes, dry eyes and make it difficult to concentrate. So to stop this from happening, just make sure to have a pair of sunglasses that provides UV protection with you at all times.
2. Perfume: I love carrying around sample/travel size fragrance cause it's less stressful that it would spill and soak everything in your bag. A current fav of mine is the Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming Perfume. The packaging is adorable and so gorgeous. I loved putting this on before dinner or just straight after swimming as it gives an amazing floral scent.
This eau de parfum uses notes of red fruits, and heightens them by adding spicy peppercorns to appeal to the senses. The floral notes include rose centifolia (which is named for its 100 petals), to diffuse the honeyed and peppery notes.
Top Notes – Raspberry, pomegranate, black currant, pink peppercorn
Middle Notes – May rose, peony
Bottom Notes – White musk
3. Sunscreen: I'm going to let you in a little secret, I hate sunscreen, I hate how thick it is, how sticky it is and how oily my skin gets because of it! That's until I found Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence. It is the best sunscreen I've ever had! The sunscreen is in a gel consistency, its super lightweight and it doesn't feel like you have anything on your skin. I would give this 8/10 because of how much I like it but the only down side is this is NOT sweat/waterproof. On this trip I also brought along 2 cans of waterproof spray on sunscreen so I could go swimming and not worry about getting sunburnt or skin cancer in the future. Sunscreen is defienetly one of the most important essential you need on a trip to anywhere cause I know I don't want sports or wrinkles on my skin because of the Sun.
4. Another one of my favorites, The After Sun Soothing Aloe Mist from Herbivore Botanicals. "The soothing aloe vera in our After Sun Mist combined with cooling mint and therapeutic lavender bring a natural relief to hot, sun-drenched skin. Keep refrigerated for extra-refreshing effect. Best used after the skin has been exposed to sun or any time you need to cool down and hydrate your skin." I really like this product because I have sensitive skin and it really calms my skin when it's irritated so this is a great product cause it's not just for the sun. My Mum also likes to spray it on her fringe cause if her forehead gets a bit sweaty and hot, it helps the fringe not to stick.
5. Lastly Kérastase Hair Mask: This is a great product to help damaged, dry hair from sea salt water and sun bleaching. This is a great hydration for the hair. My hair was super knotty and tangled which was super frustrating. So I liked to lather it up in and leave it on for 5-10minutes and after rinsing it out of my hair it was left silky smooth.