16 LESSONS I LEARNED AT 16
Finally 16! Turned 16 last week and thought this was the perfect idea to post. Here are 16 lessons I learned at 16 which helped me become a happier, better or even live a better life.
1. Don't be a sheep. Meaning, don't follow others around, like what they like or change yourself to be more like others in order for you to be liked. There's no point, you were born to stand out and be unique not to blend and fit in. That leads to number 2.
2. Be a Moose! Unique Individuals
3. Don't compare yourself to others
4. Not everyone is going to like you
5. Failing is OK as long as you learn from your mistakes and try harder
6. Step out of your comfort zone and be terrified of being comfortable instead
7. Dreams do exist if you make them into a goals
8. Always be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about
9. Instagram likes are not everything and don't make you happy
10. People come and go. Not everyone is meant to stay
11. Appreciate the people around you. Especially the ones who are always there for you and support you. Not everyone you lose is a loss
12. Stop overthinking. It does not matter what other people think, do it for yourself
13. You are who you surround yourself with
14. Never apologise about how you feel
15. Sometimes what you want is not what you need
16. Success is not just good luck. It is a combination of hard work, opportunity, readiness and timing. Success will not last if you don't take care of it like everything in life, and the only that's getting in my way, is Me.